Monday, July 11, 2011

Praying for Layla Grace

This is a short blog I posted on Facebook Sunday March 6,2010  I am deleting it from my facebook page but still wanted to keep it. So I am posting it on here. Layla Grace passed away three days after I posted the blog on Facebook. From time to time I still find myself thinking of her.
R.I.P. LAYLA GRACE November 26, 2007 - March 9,2010



Praying for Layla Grace

A few short weeks ago I read a post about this sweet little girl LAYLA GRACE. I don't know a whole lot about her other than she has Neuroblastoma, which is a form of cancer. She is only two years old.
 I have been keeping up with her condition via facebook as well as http://laylagrace.org/

Layla is a remarkable little girl, who has touched my heart. Although I have never met her she has taught me so much in such a short amount of time. She seems like such a strong little girl, a fighter . Layla's parent's face a struggle just waking up each day. There are days when I complain about my kids having a ''bad day''. I started thinking that it was rather selfish of me. Just look at Layla's parents, I bet they would give anything to have her throwing a tantrum or two now and then.

I have learned not to get so upset about the small things. Look at how strong her parents are being forced to be. I can't imagine the pain that's in their hearts right now. I cry every time I read about Layla Grace. I pray for a miracle to find its way to Layla. I pray for her family that they might find reason and comfort in all of what the past year has brought upon them. I think of her beautiful smile and pretty eyes in the photos I have seen of her in better days.
I want to be angry with someone but I don't know who to be angry with. No child should ever have to go through what she has been through. Nor should any parent have to sit there and watch as their child slips away.
I have shared her story with as many people as I can. Layla has opened my eyes.

Colt has Autism so he has his days, but even his bad days are good days because of the fact that I get to  be with him and his sister. I get to hold them in my arms and hear their laughter. I get to hear them say ''I love you Mommy''! I have been so blessed with them. I cherish all the time I have been given with them. So the next time when I find myself  in a moment where I feel overwhelmed I will think of Layla Grace, and her story.
I will hold my babies a little tighter from now on, I will love them even harder than I already do. I don't like to be a negative person, so when I hear people saying how horrible their lives are it upsets me so much. I think of Layla's family, and how hard their lives are right now. And I wish I could make people realize that the small stuff doesn't matter in the end. Life isn't about just existing it's about living and living it to the fullest extent possible. Tomorrow is promised to no one, so make the best of today. Don't let her story be a negative effect on you, take it all in and learn something from it like I did. I believe that even though as tragic as it is Layla was sent here by GOD. To teach a lesson, and it's a lesson that will never be forgotten.

THANK YOU LAYLA GRACE FOR OPENING MY EYES, YOU WILL FOREVER HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART

If you want to know more about Layla Grace and her story look up the site laylagrace.org or find the facebook page. Read her story, and when life throws something your way think of Layla and think about how blessed we all are to have had her story shared with us.


http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95631285947


http://laylagrace.org/

2 comments:

  1. *tears* yet again from this story. This is so beautifully written Jaybee. I know that Layla Grace and her family would appreciate you sharing her story. Thanks for keeping our eyes open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney has said what I was thinking of commenting... beautifully written !!
    Keeping the story aside, its the way one put it in our mind causes the impact!

    ReplyDelete