Tuesday, September 13, 2011

faith hope love prayer

Today I was cleaning my son's room. I thought I heard someone at the door, but then it stopped. I assumed it was my daughter since she was in the living room. Then my phone began to ring. It was my sweet neighbor and friend, who is like family to us. She was expecting a package and needed us to watch for it. She was leaving to take her father to visit someone at the hospital.

Her sister was pregnant and due December 26th. She has been on bed rest for the last several weeks. She had been taken to the hospital at 4 am because she had gone into labor. She has already lost two babies in the past due to premature births. So this has had everyone on edge for a while. I have sent many prayers for her and her baby. (as well as many tears)

She was given a drug to help develop the baby's lungs, so that it would have a better chance of survival. She was taken to the operating room for an emergency Cesarean.

They hadn't even announced the sex of the baby yet. Nor had they even made a final decision on a name.                                                                
                                                                                      

She was born today by cesarean, and weighed in at two pounds. She is 13.5 inches long. She was transported to another hospital with a neonatal intensive care unit. It's known as one of the best in the state. She will be in good hands there.


So now everyone knows that she is in fact a sweet baby girl. I have sent out prayers as well as prayer requests to family and friends throughout the day. Prayer is a powerful thing. I received a message late this afternoon letting me know that she was breathing on her own. Something the doctors say is extremely well for a baby her age. She is big for her gestation period too, thank goodness because that will help her grow and develop faster.


                                                                                     

Her mommy has been worried sick and in tears all day and wasn't up for visitors. So tomorrow I will be going with her sister to visit her at the hospital. The  baby is so tiny so she is on a restricted visitation schedule. I hope we can make it by her hospital too, I would love to see her. I know I won't be able to touch her or hold her but seeing her will be a blessing.


They picked out the sweetest name for her, but I won't say it on here since she isn't my child. It's a perfect name, and very well chosen for the situation. She isn't out of the woods yet and will need prayers for weeks, maybe even months to come. So please keep this sweet angel in your prayers.


Love,
Jaybee

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your friend and that sweet baby. I hope they both get well ASAP!
    {I love the graphics you used!}

    ReplyDelete